|Health Safety & Environment (HS&E)
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: New Orleans, LA
HEALTH, SAFETY &
ENVIRONMENT LEADER JOB DESCRIPTION
Service- New Orleans is a mid-sized HVAC\R service contractor in Southern Louisiana. The HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment)
Leader is a key role in our organization to provide office and field support in
the area of Health, Safety, and Environment to be based in the New Orleans
area. Responsibilities Include:
- Primary representative for all HSE site activities with
direct interaction with clients, partners, subcontractors and authorities
regarding HSE issues.
- Demonstrates ownership and leadership for HSE, in a
spirit of actively taking care for people.
- Demonstrates a very high level of technical expertise,
along with strong HSE management and leadership capabilities.
- Provides accurate, reliable and verifiable reports and
statistics regarding HSE issues, daily manpower, incidents, and
- Ensures maximum recognition of and adherence to the
site HSE plan, HSE regulations, guidelines and procedures by all parties
involved in order to achieve a target of zero accidents and incidents, and
reports all HSE activities to Operations Manager.
- Ensures the quality of HSE meets or exceeds local,
national, and international requirements.
- Ensures measures are in place to prevent environmental
incidents, personal injury and health issues to all personnel on work sites.
- Conduct or coordinate worker
training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition
monitoring and use of safety equipment.
- Actively supports and champions the HSE program.
Work closely with Subcontractors to ensure their
programs meet the HSE objectives.
Perform safety audits and inspect facilities,
machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and
to ensure safety regulation compliance
Investigate industrial accidents, near-miss
incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive
measures, and manage return-to-work activities.
Qualified Candidates Will Possess:
· Bachelor Degree in HSES related field, or equivalent experience.
- Nationally recognized HSE certifications.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the field managing maintenance, repair and construction HSE activities, particularly petro-chemical plant construction, repairs, and maintenance.
- Previous supervisor or team lead experience with proven ability to motivate and lead others.
- Knowledge and experienced in hazard assessment/risk assessment processes.
- Ability to apply HSE statutes and regulations and company HSE standards.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, ANSI and NFPA regulations.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively, in verbal or written form.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of PC applications such as Microsoft Office products, (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.)