This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Houston, TX
POSITION DESCRIPTION: HVAC Controls Technician
REPORTS TO: Project Manager or Controls Manager
SUBORDINATES: None (Will direct
other service representatives on specific tasks.)
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Troubleshoot, repair,
maintain, and install
HVAC Controls and related equipment as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the
installing, programming, commissioning, and servicing of HVAC Controls is required.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with diagnosis and repair of complex
control systems and related HVAC systems. Experience on multiple control
systems and communication protocols preferred. Niagara AX certification is a
- Have good analytical skills and attention to
detail is a must.
- Excellent customer service skills with a desire to exceed
- A willingness and ability to train junior
- Self-motivated, the ability to work independently and the desire
to ensure the job is done correctly the first time.
- Have a working knowledge of IP networks.
- Install, program, commission, and service
HVAC Controls in commercial and industrial facilities.
- Provide customer training and
technical support after completion of installations.
- Provide accurate as-built
drawings using MS Visio.
- Assist HVAC technicians in
solving complex HVAC problems involving controls.
- Apply safe work habits while working
and use PPE at all times.
- · Promptly and accurately complete all required
- Provide support for any special
projects as assigned
by your manager.
- Communicate with
the customer when arriving
and leaving the job and address their concerns in a professional
- Well groomed (No goatees or beards), neat appearance.
- Valid social security
number, driver’s license, clean driving record, must pass background check.
- Must be able to pass
drug test(s) as required by company (initial and random).
- Lift up to 50 pounds; be
able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional manpower
or appropriate devices); carry ladders; work from heights.
- Observe all company
procedures and safety rules.
- Work as part of our team
to ensure customer satisfaction.